Notice Read our company website privacy notice which is compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- INTRODUCTION This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site or sites owned and operated by Donald MacLeod ( or service providers we use ) , including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age. Donald MacLeod is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you. It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by submitting a support ticket by Donald@donaldmacleodonline.com
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows: Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details. Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you. Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site. Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services. Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data. Sensitive Data We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above: Service providers who provide IT and system administration services. Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services. HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom) and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances. (a) Technical (b) Usage Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS We share your personal data with our approved service suppliers, some of which are outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria. Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented: We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EUUS Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Please contact us by submitting a support ticket at Donald@donaldmacleodonline.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
- DATA SECURITY We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.